السبت، 16 فبراير 2019

thumbnail

Ferrari have unveiled the car they hope will end a decade-long Formula 1 title drought in 2019

Ferrari lost out to Mercedes in 2018, despite having the faster car at least as many times as their rivals, after a number of errors by Sebastian Vettel and the team.

Fresh team boss Mattia Binotto said the car was "a progress last year's, not a revolution". Typically the team had tried to "raise the bar, try to be as extreme as we could".

Vettel is joined in the team by Charles Leclerc, in his second F1 season.

"I am pumped up about this year. The team is in the right direction and hopefully we can continue enhancing, " said Vettel.

"I want to win the championship. That's my quest and the reason why I am here. "


Leclerc, promoted after an impressive debut season for the Sauber team, said: "I feel extremely excited to start out this new adventure. It has recently been a dream since childhood so it is a very emotional day for me.

"It is an extremely happy day for me. Now i'm not nervous. I think it is more an opportunity for me to be alongside Sebastian, who is such a champion, I can learn a lot. I am pretty sure it will be an amazing season. The key will be to work together but I was sure you will make it. "

Binotto called his line-up "the best desire a team principal can have - they are the best drivers in Formula 1".
F1's 2019 car gallery and testing schedul
F1 2019: Typically the 20 drivers lining upwards this year
The new car, called the SF90 to reflect Ferrari's 90th anniversary in 2019, features a radical front side design to meet new regulations this year, the purpose of which is to allow cars to race better together by reducing the turbulence through a car running behind another.

Typically the rearward flaps of the wing slope downwards from the centre towards exterior of the wing, with the intention of channelling air in aerodynamically advantageous ways and reducing the losses caused by the new rules.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About